• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy, I think this reflects on the fact that our fans will NOT be taken for granted. You simply can't abuse our fans like that and expect to get away with it.

To be fair they're really rather eloquent about it - they could've said "**** OFF GEOFF!", but instead they've gone for "Geoff King - Step Down". They've even said:

We as Southend United supporters feel that we have been let down by our club and in point Mr Geoff King who has been quick to blame the troubles against Leicester City on Southend United supporters also for overlooking incidences in the East Stand we feel that this coupled with late apologies and past events including the Manchester United ticket fiasco has led us to call for Geoff King to step down, resign or move his role at the club away from day to day running issues.

Can't blame 'em for effort.

Blimey our fans are quick to put the boot in...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74131879748

Indeed... there are mixed signals coming out of the club, and assuming Ron Martin is correct (or overrules Mr Kings views) then I expect Mr King to retract his statement, which is good enough for me. I would have thought people have better things to do than attacking a Southend United member of staff, even if he has made a mistake or is unpopular.

Retraction will, to be honest, be good enough for me - however, that does, somewhat depend on the quality of the retraction.

Chairman's Blog

. I of course cannot be involved in everything that goes on in the Football Club

I like Ron and actually trust him, but this type of comment is totally wrong and unnecessary. Everyone who reads his blogs knows his time/focus is on the new stadium so this point is simply wrong and if anything misleading. the boss , he employees everyone, the buck stops with him. At the same time he should support his staff and this kind of comment can do nothing for their morale.

Lastly , if he developed the correct lines of communication then he SHOULD have known what was going on. My boss would go mad if he found out late about issues which he was going to have to account for.

Indeed... there are mixed signals coming out of the club, and assuming Ron Martin is correct (or overrules Mr Kings views) then I expect Mr King to retract his statement, which is good enough for me. I would have thought people have better things to do than attacking a Southend United member of staff, even if he has made a mistake or is unpopular.

Yeah bet you like the club ****ing on you week in week out

I don't RM will get King to retract his statement. I think he feels that he is the head honcho & if he says something that is good enough! How misguided!

I think King has personal issues with certain supporters, especially True Blue, as it would be a big fluke if it just happens to use the Headline that he did. I could could be totally wrong & if so, I will ask my Mummy to write a note for me to apologise on my behalf!

I've never slated RM before, other for some reason & I don't know why, that I don't trust him. I'm sure it is probably down to the behaviour of previous Chairmen. I don't intend slating him now, but Ron, if you're reading this, your statement is a cop out (no pun intended!) & a feeble attempt to sweep the King matter under the carpet. Even if you won't sack him or publicy critisise him, please make him retract his statement with as much publicity & vitriol as his first unfounded statement!

Rant over!

UTB!

I don't RM will get King to retract his statement. I think he feels that he is the head honcho & if he says something that is good enough! How misguided!

I think King has personal issues with certain supporters, especially True Blue, as it would be a big fluke if it just happens to use the Headline that he did. I could could be totally wrong & if so, I will ask my Mummy to write a note for me to apologise on my behalf!

I've never slated RM before, other for some reason & I don't know why, that I don't trust him. I'm sure it is probably down to the behaviour of previous Chairmen. I don't intend slating him now, but Ron, if you're reading this, your statement is a cop out (no pun intended!) & a feeble attempt to sweep the King matter under the carpet. Even if you won't sack him or publicy critisise him, please make him retract his statement with as much publicity & vitriol as his first unfounded statement!

Rant over!

UTB!

Possibly mate that title did get me thinking doubt it though

Possibly mate that title did get me thinking doubt it though

I'm not so sure. Being as well known as you are, it wouldn't surprise if the club want "ringleaders" or however they view them, under control or even away from the ground?! Why would King only mention the West Stand & not the East Stand? He had enough time to find out about the Exec boxes before issuing his statement of fables!

As stupid as you may think King is, he is no dummy, so don't underestimate him!

Its not an allergy though is it - the flashing lights can trigger seizures, but as far as i am aware doesnt bring out swelling, sneezing or any of the other immune based symptons allergies do. But im not a Dr, so what would i know.

feck all by the looks of it!

I want to know this - as the majority of you are lefty liberalists, who absolutely love every inch of Ron Martin - i'm intrigued to know, if Ron was PM (he has the background to be) - and he declared a war on Islam. What side would you fall? This is purely just out of interest for personal satisfaction...

Thank Christ he answered the question about padded seating.

At last, I can sleep at night.

I want to know this - as the majority of you are lefty liberalists, who absolutely love every inch of Ron Martin - i'm intrigued to know, if Ron was PM (he has the background to be) - and he declared a war on Islam. What side would you fall? This is purely just out of interest for personal satisfaction...

Where is 'islam' exactly? is it near the falklands?

I don't have a particular stance on this, as I didn't see what happened and can't really connect the two. Definitely needs an apology though.

Back