• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

me and my mob are still boycotting home games....

sounded loud over the Radio today

WELL DONE :-)

Can understand your sentiment , but the only person being affected by this boycott is you. Cos Ron martin doesnt care if your there or not.

But i will say this. Those players and management deserve our support as they are busting a gut for this football club and as long as that is the case i will support them. I hate Ron too but i was here before he was and i will be here after he is gone and im not letting some bloke with little man syndrome and a terrible mullet drive me out of my club.

Get your arses back down there !!

Admire your principles but you're cutting your noses off to spite your faces. You missed a game which reignited the Blues' spirit and made those of us there reaffirm ourselves to the religion of being a Southend supporter. The passion is back and these players deserve the support of anyone who is able, to get behind them. These guys have done nothing wrong so as Southend supporters we should be supporting them.

Fantastic work by TBV and others around the ground, still not sure about Blind Date though.

Totally agree with this OldBlueLady. Great post. They've made their point, and made a stand, which they are totally entitled to do. But the club is now thankfully moving onwards and upwards. Now would be a good time to come back to the Hall.

Brisbane fans sing that song (well, substituting Southend with Brisbane and Col U with Gold Coast or Sydney of course).

Never heard it in England before though so it could be something pretty unique to Southend.

Aldershot sing it.

Last edited:
Totally agree with this OldBlueLady. Great post. They've made their point, and made a stand, which they are totally entitled to do. But the club is now thankfully moving onwards and upwards. Now would be a good time to come back to the Hall.

Got agree with this. Its not the players fault or Sturrock that what has gone on has gone on. But ive supported the blues for 30 years through a lot of thick and thin and at the end of the day you come to support the team not ron martin. if you are fans then get down to roots hall and support. i really believe this team hs the skill and ability to do something this season, there has been more passion, committment and effort from this current lot than we have seen for a couple of seasons.

I understand the reasons why you might stay away but cant agree. me and my son live all week for the weekend and cant wait to go to football, i dont know how these people can stay away. Another point also by staying away you these people are not helpng the club financially either.

Shame some are boycotting still. I understand the feelings aboutthe summer and RM, but it looks like we have a squad who are trying and want the fans support so come on lets give the players support.

"The crowd were on to us, they were at the races today all credit to 'em"

Was the comment from Torquay manager Paul Buckle on the FL Show a moment ago.

Good work chaps. This needs to be the standard...we can and will make a difference.

I heard that , that quote needs to be rolled out every time people say we make no difference, or than hurling abuse at our OWN players helps

brilliant atmosphere yesterday-nothing more to be said

Last edited:
when the opposition boss boss credits the support you know we have been good. Good at the end with most of the west on there feet singing and the rest of the ground joining in.

i was trying to start it on the coach home from Bradford. Looking forward to trying it next home game too!

TBF i think we have some way to go before matching that lot. Considering they are a league 2/BSP in italy which makes you not popular in the slightest i would say they have done well. Im sure if the football is **** the game is never dull when you travel with that lot!

Really liked it and thought it caught on very well

Great Game we are in U bloke we was going to move to V but then realised if we move then no noise would come from the U bloke i feel like Sturruck Snr building a voice from scratch lol UP THE BLUES

Shame some are boycotting still. I understand the feelings aboutthe summer and RM, but it looks like we have a squad who are trying and want the fans support so come on lets give the players support.

So far we have lost over 2,000 fans from last season, I wonder how many of those will be back this season? I would not say they are all boycotting as many would probably choose not to come even if we had been relegated in 'normal' circumstances. It's these people that will be harder to tempt back.

Agreed with much of what has been posted.

Best atmosphere we have had in the South for a while and the East Blacks were even chanting indepndetly of the rest of the ground. Super stuff.

Back