• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Same.

Dubois by stoppage for me. Joyce has no tank, and gasses early. My gut says Dubois stoppage as early as the 4th-5th

I don’t get a lot of people going with Joyce late stoppage.

Me neither tbh.

Side note: Dubois and Joyce shouldn’t be allowed near microphones.

Agreed! Joe Joyce is one of the most awkward people going and Dubois is just quiet and a bit simple.

That eye closing isn’t helping DDD.

At that was the undoing of Dubois! Never expected that. That’s Frank’s hype train has been derailed. Shame I really like Dubois.

Good win for Joyce. Just like Dubois‘ left side, not many people saw that coming. I’d completely written him off tbf ?

Not really sure what this means for either fighter now. I thought Joyce had topped out at domestic level tbh. I’m still not convinced he goes much higher, but fair play to him.

Dubois on the other hand has shown that he’s nowhere near ready to take on the best in the division.

Good win for Joyce. Just like Dubois‘ left side, not many people saw that coming. I’d completely written him off tbf ?

Not really sure what this means for either fighter now. I thought Joyce had topped out at domestic level tbh. I’m still not convinced he goes much higher, but fair play to him.

Dubois on the other hand has shown that he’s nowhere near ready to take on the best in the division.

I think going ten rounds with Kevin Johnson should’ve been the giveaway for that but the Gorman win was an impressive one. Shame as I thought he was the second coming of Mike Tyson, now my dreams have been shattered.

Hes 23, like Hughie Fury has plenty of time to rebuild, regroup and come back stronger.

Some disgraceful comments but respected commentators and pros about him quitting! The lad couldn’t see and it wouldn’t surprise me if he has the same orbital bone injury as Brook had. Boxing can be a great sport but it can also bring the bellends out at times!

As for Joyce, think the fight they’ll be pushing for is the Usyk fight as he lost to him in the amateurs. And he will lose to him in the pros. I’d like to see Joyce vs Whyte, but personally cannot see Joyce winning a world title unless he wins a ‘regular’ world title from the WBA or a made up variant. Then he can strut round like that knob Chris Eubank Jr and call himself a world champion.

His post fight interview was classless and his manager is a ****! Don’t like him at all!

I just saw a video on you tube where Fury and AJ talking of a possible 2 fight deal in 2021 is that fact or fiction.

Fiction currently! Plenty of hurdles to overcome before its official!

Few Lions missing in the camp for Yarde this evening..... the quicker he leaves Tunde Ajayi the better.

Few Lions missing in the camp for Yarde this evening..... the quicker he leaves Tunde Ajayi the better.

Tunde is not a trainer! Yarde was so close to being a world champion, he’s not shown that bounce back ability from the loss to Kovalev. Gutted for him as I genuinely like him. Always found it a concern that he never spars and just spends all his time doing tippy tappy pads with Tunde. Looks good for a bit of social media content but doesn’t help him a great deal. Spending the whole time shouting “LIONS IN THE CAMP” through the fight isn’t beneficial when your fighter is getting jabbed to **** by a one armed fighter.

Yarde doesn’t have that amateur pedigree and needs a good trainer in his corner. I’d like to see him with Adam Booth and he can have Tunde as his manager and ‘motivational speaker’. If he wants to come back from this and get back to the opportunities he once had his next step is key and that next step is a new trainer.

As for the BBBoC and their refs and judges this year have been absolutely shocking!! Terry O’Connor is by far the worst and I don’t know how he is still allowed to officiate at the top level. Ian John Lewis has been another one! I don’t get it, I thought it was just Matchroom they tended to favour but that’s obviously not the case. The BBBoC need a massive shake up and need to get rid of these old useless ****s that haven’t got a clue!

Floyd Vs. Logan Paul (no, me neither).

Urgh.
What a disgrace to boxing Money bags is,that fight should never be allowed. Dont like the man never have ,i have absolutely no respect for him If he wanted a comeback fight he should be fighting Pacman.

The bloke is destroying his legacy! All for a quick buck.

It’s all just a bit odd really. I would have genuinely loved to be there for the behind-the-scenes negotiations and discussions. I can only assume Floyd has agreed to stick to first or second gear, but even then the risk of serious injury is always prevalent, and if that were to happen, it wouldn’t be a good look for this sport.

I mean, make no mistake I fully appreciate this is designed to be an exhibition bout, but this is a brutal sport, and one where competitors’ lives can be changed in the blink of an eye.

There is a reason why rank novices aren’t thrown in against elite fighters (not even in sparring).

This is essentially no different to Floyd fighting your average man in the street. Pointless, dangerous & wreckless IMO.

It’s all just a bit odd really. I would have genuinely loved to be there for the behind-the-scenes negotiations and discussions. I can only assume Floyd has agreed to stick to first or second gear, but even then the risk of serious injury is always prevalent, and if that were to happen, it wouldn’t be a good look for this sport.

I mean, make no mistake I fully appreciate this is designed to be an exhibition bout, but this is a brutal sport, and one where competitors’ lives can be changed in the blink of an eye.

There is a reason why rank novices aren’t thrown in against elite fighters (not even in sparring).

This is essentially no different to Floyd fighting your average man in the street. Pointless, dangerous & wreckless IMO.

Did you see that youtuber knockout the ex NBA player?

As the saying goes ‘You don’t play boxing’.

Did you see that youtuber knockout the ex NBA player?

As the saying goes ‘You don’t play boxing’.

Yeah I saw the video. And to think, that was two amateurs, imagine what could happen if Floyd - an all-time great - actually goes to work on this novice.

Back