• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will be an interesting read hopefully it is available on kindle. Seems strange the option isn't available already.

On Fighting Talk on 5 Live back in May, PB said he was in the process of writing an autobiography entitled "From South Shields to Southend"... I'm looking forward to that !

Hope its more accurate than the blurb

Having stabilised Swindon Town and taken Southend United to a Wembley play-off final, he returned to Plymouth for a sad swansong dominated by the club entering administration and Sturrock's own revelation that he was suffering from Parkinson's disease.
I really hope that blurb isn't the one being printed as he never took us to a Wembley play-off final. Poor old JPT.

"Moving south, he led Plymouth Argyle from bottom place in the basement division to the Championship within four seasons. Sturrock's uncompromising managerial style didn't fit with Southampton's players or owners"

meaning his uncompromising commitment to fried egg sandwiches? :smile::hilarious:

I've read it. It is disappointing, not really in depth enough or enough insight into off-pitch matters. I'll be reviewing it in next month's All At Sea.

I've read it. It is disappointing, not really in depth enough or enough insight into off-pitch matters. I'll be reviewing it in next month's All At Sea.
Agreed! I only bought it for the Southend bit which was literally about 5 pages or so in a massive font. Extremely poor. No insights or comments on certain games and no detail on his disappointment at being sacked etc. Overall terrible waste of money!!

Agreed! I only bought it for the Southend bit which was literally about 5 pages or so in a massive font. Extremely poor. No insights or comments on certain games and no detail on his disappointment at being sacked etc. Overall terrible waste of money!!

Out of interest, have you read more than those five pages?

I know it's not book-related but there is much love out there for Luggy's honest pre-match interview.
Warning - Sweary

[video]http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/watch-paul-sturrocks-honest-pre-game-interview-is-the-stuff-of-fking-legend/47983[/video]

Looking forward to reading this fully aware that his time with us is only a very small part of his long history in the game as a player and manager, although I hear 'scissorgate' etc is in it. I will be more interested in reading about his World Cup experiences, the 'fixed' game v Roma and being tracked down by James Bond etc.

Looking forward to reading this fully aware that his time with us is only a very small part of his long history in the game as a player and manager, although I hear 'scissorgate' etc is in it. I will be more interested in reading about his World Cup experiences, the 'fixed' game v Roma and being tracked down by James Bond etc.

Unfortunately the accounts of his playing days are a bit sketchy.I was looking forward to his account of his wonderful second half performance for Dundee at the Nou Camp, which cost Venables his job the fiollowing week. (I was at the game back in the 80's here).It's hardly mentioned,

Same goes for the World Cup stuff.Guess his memory's not to good these days.Shame.

"Scissorgate" is there though and tbf the chapter on SUFC is not at all bad.

Back