• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am guessing OBD that your a 16/17 year old kid that thinks we are still going to win the league.
Am afraid Football Manager is not the same in real life.
How many fans did you go upto yesterday and tell them to stop?
I remember when this happened at Yeovil and we was slagging off our keeper, I cant remember who and some one told us to shut the fxck up.
Dont think I have seen this guy at football anymore!!!
As long as you have paid for your ticket then your entitled to your say
two nil down after 4 mins than I think the team got away lightly with what was being said from the stands

So a questin to you?
Which one would you rather me shout abuse at regarding games?
1. Sturrock
2.Team
3. Martin

Ahh Badger my good man.
I'm a 20 year old student with a part time job. I used to be 16 once yes.
I don't think we will win the league, however I did place a pound on winning the league when it was 45/1 at the start of the season when we had no squad. But I do think that we will make the playoffs or just miss out this year, and that is based on my research of League 2 past results and many different factors.
I haven't ever played Football Manager I'd like to, but I'm more of a FIFA man myself, fancy a game? add my online I.D which is Onion_Bag_Dave on Playstation 3, but I rarely play online as I have better things to do. I prefer to indulge in, music, good food, writing songs, drinking with mates and that kind of thing, however I do enjoy a good FIFA session now and then.

I didn't go up to anybody yesterday to tell them to stop, but however I did tell several to shut the **** up from my seat.
So it seems Badge that you are one of the guys who have been slagging off our players, well I'm glad you braved the message board to let everyone know that.
You haven't seen that guy at football anymore? I wonder why that is? Please don't try and give back handed threats to our own fans, including me.

If you read my posts I do briefly mention that 'if you pay your ticket money you can say what you want' It doesn't stop me from being angered by the abuse that our players get, but I guess if you want to make sure that you have a ***** Saturday afternoon you can carry on with the abuse.

2 nil down in the first 5 minutes, yep, didn't make me very happy either, but the reason the players 'got away lightly' is because most fans can realise that the first goal was a completely freak strike, however should have probably been saved. Many could see that our performance was not that bad yesterday, especially in the last 30 minutes.

I'd prefer you didn't shout any abuse really because it winds me up, as you may be able to tell. But I'd go for 3. Ron Martin, as he is the one who deserves the abuse.

Please don't try and abuse me now because I'd prefer to read something of substance the next time I refresh the page. Cheers buddy!

Last edited:
I think you may just be messing with the wrong man here mate, be careful what you say!!!

This is juvenile stuff.... 'my mate's gonna beat you up'!

I've said this before but why are people so aggressive? By all means be angry but if people can't control their anger then they should get help.

I don't know you, or Cockles, and judging by your remarks probably don't want to, as you are probably the kind who are just waiting for that one opportunity to give someone a good kicking for little or no reason. (Maybe I looked at your pint in a strange way)?

I also find your comments to OBD laughable, commenting about his age when as far as I can see, he is the one acting quite mature in all this.

Let me know what pub you all drink in so I can make sure my kids, when they get to that age, can avoid it like the plague!

Anybody who parts with their hard earned to come to Roots Hall is entitled to vent their frustrations at players as they see fit. You might not agree with them, but get over it.

This is juvenile stuff.... 'my mate's gonna beat you up'!

I've said this before but why are people so aggressive? By all means be angry but if people can't control their anger then they should get help.

I don't know you, or Cockles, and judging by your remarks probably don't want to, as you are probably the kind who are just waiting for that one opportunity to give someone a good kicking for little or no reason. (Maybe I looked at your pint in a strange way)?

I also find your comments to OBD laughable, commenting about his age when as far as I can see, he is the one acting quite mature in all this.

Let me know what pub you all drink in so I can make sure my kids, when they get to that age, can avoid it like the plague!

Sounds like Cockles has had a rough week, and that he wants a row, Lol.

As much as I dislike abuse/booing of anyone in an SUFC shirt, as others have stated people pay their money and are entitled to express their opinions as they wish.

There has always been abuse of individual players, and will always be I'm sure. Sure it's amplified due to people's frustrations over the last two painful years of supporting the mighty blues.

Personally I've always preferred to encourage rather than destroy our players confidence. If you dislike others abuse of players it's up to you to counter it with something positive surely? The problem is not the abusive minority but the silent majority. In staying silent and then whinging on an internet forum you're doing nothing to change the atmosphere.

To end this I'd like to praise the superb work Smiffy & TBV boys do to try and create a more positive atmosphere at the Hall, well done! :happy:

1. Chanting '****ing Useless to our own player who puts his ****ing heart into his performances, doing what nobody else wants to do, the ****ing dirty work.
2. Cheering when Rhys Evans catches the ball. Brilliant.
4. Chanting the Seagull louder than anything else.
5. Last 4 minutes absolutely no noise at all to encourage and to get behind our team who could have earned a well deserved point.

thought id comment on a few points.

-firstly Blair does give his all but the last two games imo he was been terrible, remember at oxford when a certain goal should have scored by him but instead he chose not to shoot at all and the goal keeper the smother. yesterday he was put through and had no one near him yet decided to go backwards. gave the ball away on countless occassions. everytime corr won a flick on he never managed to be in the right place. he seems to have no naturally attacking mind.

- the evans thing i did feel really sorry for him, for the first goal he was at fault imo as he should have saved the shot and he should have organised the wall, 2 man wall from there is terrible goal keeping. again the 2nd goal he wasn't helped by the defence but i felt he should have saved it quite easily in fact. i thought he had a really decent game against oxford however he didnt really have a lot to do.

- the sea gull thing was a bit of fun, lets be honest there wasn't else to cheer about. and come on it was pretty damn funny.

- about the noise level the last few minutes, i don't actually think this is true, we have 2 or 3 corners towards the end game and there was quite a bit of noise then. the first 70 minutes yeah it was quiet but with a start like that what do you expect really.

thought id comment on a few points.

-firstly Blair does give his all but the last two games imo he was been terrible, remember at oxford when a certain goal should have scored by him but instead he chose not to shoot at all and the goal keeper the smother. yesterday he was put through and had no one near him yet decided to go backwards. gave the ball away on countless occassions. everytime corr won a flick on he never managed to be in the right place. he seems to have no naturally attacking mind.

- the evans thing i did feel really sorry for him, for the first goal he was at fault imo as he should have saved the shot and he should have organised the wall, 2 man wall from there is terrible goal keeping. again the 2nd goal he wasn't helped by the defence but i felt he should have saved it quite easily in fact. i thought he had a really decent game against oxford however he didnt really have a lot to do.

- the sea gull thing was a bit of fun, lets be honest there wasn't else to cheer about. and come on it was pretty damn funny.

- about the noise level the last few minutes, i don't actually think this is true, we have 2 or 3 corners towards the end game and there was quite a bit of noise then. the first 70 minutes yeah it was quiet but with a start like that what do you expect really.

Yeah, I do agree the seagull chanting was very funny, but it was just the fact that it was the loudest chant that got to me a bit. I look around and everyone around me is completely dead, but when a bird flies down everyone thinks it is great. I just can't see the point of going to watch something you love and then actually making yourself feel like ****e by moaning etc.

Yeah, I do agree the seagull chanting was very funny, but it was just the fact that it was the loudest chant that got to me a bit. I look around and everyone around me is completely dead, but when a bird flies down everyone thinks it is great. I just can't see the point of going to watch something you love and then actually making yourself feel like ****e by moaning etc.

i see what your saying and you are right but i have to admit to be cracking up at the seagull. but it was said that it is pretty worrying when the best bit of the match was a seagull on the pitch.

but when the sub bird came on that put the icing on the cake! haha

I think the fact their sub was called Bird was very funny...mind you I can already here the chants of "Bring on the Seagull" echoing around the ground later this season.

:smiles:

actually I am going to post something sensible hear, so hold the back page, .............. I have never ever ever been to a FOOTBALL GROUND were the players,club,management get such little critisism, I honestly stand by that Honestly I cant believe we are being described as scum of the earth for the support we give the team. Personally our support will be the death of this club we are sitting back and letting this club be destroyed from benoeath our feet and we have and do nothing. FOr what its worth I applaud those that boycott the club for sticking up in what you believe I too dont go I did today howver I have been brought 2 season tickets at the start of the year but still mainly choose not to go, why bother going to a restaurent that is a pile of **** and cook nothing that you like?? anyway back on track I never ever boo any of our players when I am at the game, the thought of showing any form of passion for any of them good or bad has long gone, seasons ago yes but now I dont even aknowledge a goal ! but honestly to say we support our players badley, FKUCK THEM ABSOLUTELY FKUCK THEM<BUNCH OF USELEESS MERCENARIES (ooh DWB FBM Firestorm, blue manlady my season ticket is block t row J seats 131 132 come and give me all that you ve got ******s x

Nice to see the original post was edited. I am pretty fed up with your Billy Big Boy attitude to certain more moderate posters, myself included. I understand you're quite a good mate of BLUEBLOOD's, so I find it surprising that you can be such an aggressively offensive individual on here. You've told me many times that you know where I sit and yet it works both ways you know, you've never (and nor has Badger despite earlier promises) actually come and introduced yourself. Maybe you ought to concentrate on making sure your son enjoys his football rather than picking on people who are perfectly entitled to voice their opinions without having to put up with the filth and derision that flows from your keyboard.

Nice to see the original post was edited. I am pretty fed up with your Billy Big Boy attitude to certain more moderate posters, myself included. I understand you're quite a good mate of BLUEBLOOD's, so I find it surprising that you can be such an aggressively offensive individual on here. You've told me many times that you know where I sit and yet it works both ways you know, you've never (and nor has Badger despite earlier promises) actually come and introduced yourself. Maybe you ought to concentrate on making sure your son enjoys his football rather than picking on people who are perfectly entitled to voice their opinions without having to put up with the filth and derision that flows from your keyboard.
oh here we go again, OBL knows better than anyone else again, some people do crack me up on this site.

oh here we go again, OBL knows better than anyone else again, some people do crack me up on this site.

Pot and kettle? FWIW I think OBL is spot on. This website is being ruined by ridiculous posts such as some contained within this thread. A really sad reflection.

Can we all treat each other with respect please ? People will always have different views and different ways of expressing themselves but we do not want blatant abuse or threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back