• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fair play to both parties.

however

personally i would have thought it more beneficial if RM held an question and answer session via this medium.

if the club stated ie from 6pm till 9pm for 1 evening only the club will try to answers all relevant questions as best as possible.

i reckon 99% of fans would want to know the timescale for FF and if FF has not been completed by the expiry of when the club has to leave the hall...........what happens ie can the club remain at the hall? will there need to be a groundshare?

in truth we all know the playing budget is very very tight or so it seems?and on 8000 crowds we know we can only afford certain standard players.

all i want to really know is what date will the club move to FF.

As far as I'm aware there is no deadline for the club to move from Roots Hall.

Top Post J (never thought id write that ;) . Much kudos for sticking to your guns and changing your opions when presented with alternate facts .

I think very few people realise just how much SUFC has gotten under RM's skin, as WE all know its like a drug. However he came here to make money and has got hooked on our little ol club. Fair play J.

The only strange bit was the apparent need to have a dig at Scriv. For instance, did Ron tell you that he learnt of your opinions via Scriv only because they weren't the same as his? And did Scriv give out your mobile or did they get it from the club database?

Anyway, well done for meeting him and posting the statement.

You would have to assume Scriv is either instructed (by Ron) to monitor the boards, or does so at his own discretion and whatever gets posted gets fed back to Ron one way or another.

Possible its in Scrivs remit at "Media Director" (or whatever) to monitor the Press for stories relating to SUFC and the internet is one such avenue.

As for the phone number - we dont enter that into SZ do we? So I'd assume that came from the club database which by giving it to the club is surely their domain to use as they see fit?

Interesting reading though from J. Me and my mate had a long 'discussion' re Ron last night - which I think is continuing on the train to Wembley tonight! Maybe I'll get him to book an oppointment with Ron!?

Seeing as Dave Scriven, who with Mike Smith "invented" ShrimperZone.com, only relinquished ownership of the Zone when he went to work for SUFC I am sure he still watches what is posted on here. I wonder what he thinks regarding how the web-site has changed over the years ?

personally i would have thought it more beneficial if RM held an question and answer session via this medium.

But why should he?

At the end of the day shareholders can ask these questions at the AGM. It looks like Ron has already gone to extreme lengths to try and justify his own actions, when he would be perfectly entitled to say “it’s my club, bought with my money so mind your own business”

Fair play to Ron.I don’t agree won everything and I don’t know the whole story but in my opinion Bailey was allowed to go too easily, and the new stadium is too big, but I totally respect the bloke for bothering to take the time to sit down and explain stuff to supporters.

Thanks J - great post and well done for meeting Ron, admitting your mistakes and giving him the opinions of an honest life-long fan (and probably speaking for many of us who, like you, love this club).

Top work mate.

Well done J for coming on here and updating us.

Some of us are a little less cynical and obviously think we have a good chairman anyway, however Ive now seen two very negative people go into one to one meetings with him and come away feeling positive. Even for us so called rose tinted spectacle wearers thats reassuring to see.

That speaks volumes.

Now maybe we can concentrate on the football ?

But why should he?

At the end of the day shareholders can ask these questions at the AGM. It looks like Ron has already gone to extreme lengths to try and justify his own actions, when he would be perfectly entitled to say “it’s my club, bought with my money so mind your own business”

Fair play to Ron.I don’t agree won everything and I don’t know the whole story but in my opinion Bailey was allowed to go too easily, and the new stadium is too big, but I totally respect the bloke for bothering to take the time to sit down and explain stuff to supporters.

owning/running any football club is not the same as your average business, fans want to know virtually every single event that occurs.

the average fan regards their own particular club as part of their family hence why its question upon question and until these are answered they will continue to ask.

most fans realise FF is too big and far too expensive for this football club,hence why i would like to actually know the timeframe for moving there.

no i am not a shareholder just an ordinary fan.

owning/running any football club is not the same as your average business, *fans want to know virtually every single event that occurs.

the average fan regards their own particular club as part of their family hence why its question upon question and until these are answered they will continue to ask.

**most fans realise FF is too big and far too expensive for this football club,hence why i would like to actually know the timeframe for moving there.

Very true, though that doesn't necccessarily give them the right to know.

Aaaaaaarrrgghhhh! not this again.Most fans realise? I thought it was more "some fans think"

Well done mate, some people know when to stand up and be counted, now we need the plays to have the same balls as you.

Some just hide behind there desks

Well done J, an interesting read. i think it was good of Ron to meet up with you and answer your questions. I dont think many chairman of football clubs would have done that. There wasnt much doubt in my mind whether he had the club at heart. The new midfielder sounds interesting but i still think we need another reconised centre half as well.

Good stuff J.

The bit I found interesting was the fact that we are running at a loss this season, and people wonder why we haven't been throwing money around like is gone out of fashion!

You would have to assume Scriv is either instructed (by Ron) to monitor the boards, or does so at his own discretion and whatever gets posted gets fed back to Ron one way or another.

Possible its in Scrivs remit at "Media Director" (or whatever) to monitor the Press for stories relating to SUFC and the internet is one such avenue.

As for the phone number - we dont enter that into SZ do we? So I'd assume that came from the club database which by giving it to the club is surely their domain to use as they see fit?

That's sort of my point really... I wondered if J had actually been told factually that Scriv monitored the boards and reported to Ron and also gave him the phone number or whether that was just an assumption made by J.

In a way I hope he was told it... because most of the problems we have had in this respect have been caused by incorrect and/or unfounded assumptions and whilst credit goes to J for attending the meeting etc. it hardly shows that he has learnt anything from it if his opening paragraph having a dig at Scriv is also based on assumptions that may be incorrect.

We all know what happens when you assume, don't we... it'll make an *** of U and ME.

Well done J, and well done Ron. The fact that both of you took the time to resolve these issues is to your great credit, and reflects well on both the club and the ShrimperZone messageboard that Ron should want to address these issues with you face to face.

I hope, in particular, that one thing that people will have grasped from J's email is the fact that:

(a) we are running at a loss; and
(b) Ron and financiers have been required to underwrite the debts that they took on from Delancey

...will stop people from constantly belly-aching about "where's the money gone?", "why aren't we buying so-and-so?" and the like.

This club must be run as a proper business concern, that seeks (so far as it is able) to balance its books and that does not attempt to "live the dream". We were taken to the brink of the abyss financially in 2001. Under Ron's sensible stewardship, I am confident that we will not find ourselves there again.

J - thanks for the post (even if you were slightly milking the attention!), and well done to you and to Ron Martin for setting the record straight.

Matt

owning/running any football club is not the same as your average business, fans want to know virtually every single event that occurs.

most fans realise FF is too big and far too expensive for this football club,hence why i would like to actually know the timeframe for moving there.

Just checked the official site - as of July we were planning to be in for start of 2010/11 season.

Back