• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just checked the official site - as of July we were planning to be in for start of 2010/11 season.

Only if building work starts by the end of this year and even then it will be tight as we have been told that the build time is 20 months.

He let me see this season's budget (which is based on a 8500 crowd) .

Can't see this seasons average being 8,500. Last seasons average was 8,173 not sure how they expect to increase that by over 300 especially as I think we have less season ticket holders this season?

I suppose it's only an estimate but 8,500 must be based on us doing really well, better than last season possibly.

The Echo were on hand to take a pic of J waiting for RM to show

n562553510_270157_7672.jpg

Brilliant. Totally agree. The love a football and of the football club in the fans should kill the "so-called supporters", drown out the critisism and lead our mighty team to Victory.

UP THE BLUES!! :support:

Great post! Regardless of whether what you've written is bollox or not, & I'm not offering an opinion on that, this was a good honest post.

I am cynical too & I wonder whether RM has used you as a tool to appease the SZ masses? Who knows, but I did say I was cynical & I base that on the likes of Vic & Anton! No offense RM, but I'm sure you can appreciate where I'm coming from on that part!

J well done on you honesty & keep asking questions, as if we don't ask, we don't learn!

Words alone to single outspoken individuals [and that would include me] not any longer sufficient IMO.

Formal response - in writing to the masses [all supporters], required please RM.

Answers on the record will "clear the air" now all the talking has been done.

I suspect a written response to the masses wouldn't suffice either. You'd find holes and suspicions in whatever was written.

Incidentally, what's the difference between answers given personally to either yourself or James and those given in a written public statement? The answers would be the same regardless.

Words alone to single outspoken individuals [and that would include me] not any longer sufficient IMO.
What is the matter with you? The bloke goes out of his way to explain stuff, where most, including me, would have told you to clear off, and you still want more.

I think you should either buy him out and then run the club how you see fit, or shut up and let the bloke get on with it.

Good
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
87 94.57% Bad
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
5 5.43%
Says it all really. How many other chairman would come remotely this close to Ron on a fans website. I reckon most would not even make double figures

Good
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
87 94.57% Bad
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
5 5.43%
Says it all really. How many other chairman would come remotely this close to Ron on a fans website. I reckon most would not even make double figures

Possibly not, but lets make it 100% by not letting the people who rated him as 'bad' rate him.

J, you gone soft!!! joking mate, seems like a good meeting, surprised though how everyone (even the irate one) seems to have a brown nose when they leave Ron's office!!

Amazing what a choccy biscuit can do !

I suspect a written response to the masses wouldn't suffice either. You'd find holes and suspicions in whatever was written.

Incidentally, what's the difference between answers given personally to either yourself or James and those given in a written public statement? The answers would be the same regardless.

The difference, conversations are informal - not on the record, given to diffuse a situation and might represent "telling one single person what they want to hear" in order to placate.

A written statement places onto the record to all "members/supporters" of the club, the plans, intentions, aims, ambitions or goals.

We live in a democracy where basic fundamental freedoms and an overiding principal of openness, should prevail ?

The time for "chit chat" on this forum and "chockie biscuit meetings" has for me, expired.

But think about it Ian. All you'll get in any written statement is exactly what has been said informally over chocie bikkies, albeit dressed up in formal words and explanations. From what I can gather a number of people are after exactly that, explanations, and whilst I agree a written statement might be a better way of going about it from a PR point of view I see no reason why any statement given to 'the masses' would differ from an informal meeting with a sole supporter. It's very easy to put into writing exactly what you want the people you're writing to want to hear, exactly as it is face to face. Spin is spin no matter how you dress it up or present it (not that I'm in any way insinuating that's what RM is up to)

Formal response - in writing to the masses [all supporters], required please RM.

Answers on the record will "clear the air" now all the talking has been done.

Maybe just maybe Ron wont answer you because he has to decode your stupidly constructed sentences

But think about it Ian. All you'll get in any written statement is exactly what has been said informally over chocie bikkies, albeit dressed up in formal words and explanations. From what I can gather a number of people are after exactly that, explanations, and whilst I agree a written statement might be a better way of going about it from a PR point of view I see no reason why any statement given to 'the masses' would differ from an informal meeting with a sole supporter. It's very easy to put into writing exactly what you want the people you're writing to want to hear, exactly as it is face to face. Spin is spin no matter how you dress it up or present it (not that I'm in any way insinuating that's what RM is up to)

Yes agreed, but at least we all have a documented record to look back upon and establish or not, as the case may be: implementation.

The major issues & decisions that will fashion our clubs future at a proposed new stadium are at the hub of the points that IMO, we still need to know.

What will the legacy be ?

P.S. TrueBlue - keep smiling & taking the tablets.

Last edited:
But you go on about democracy and freedom and you seem to completely overlook the fact that in obe way ir another Ron owns the club and he can ultimately do what he wants with it and he has no obligation to keep you informed of his intentions. Leave him alone.

I have just been reading the other Ron Martin thread. I think some of you should have a careful think before slagging off a chariman who from the outside at least appears honest, open and keen to talk to fans. There are plenty worse chairman about.........

Yes agreed, but at least we all have a documented record to look back upon and establish or not, as the case may be: implementation.

The major issues & decisions that will fashion our clubs future at a proposed new stadium are at the hub of the points that IMO, we still need to know.

What will the legacy be ?

P.S. TrueBlue - keep smiling & taking the tablets.

Not funny.

Back