• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamelessly stolen from another forum but meh, it's so true...
biggrin.gif

We have identified 10 distinct types of drunken text that you should all be familiar with:

1) The "fishing" text

This text is normally along the lines of: "So what u up 2 later?" or "U out tonight?", or simply "Ocean?"
Despite appearing innocent at first, this type of text is far from it. Sent at 3am, this generally should be translated as:"Im drunk, horny and haven't pulled tonight. Where is my back up shag? I wanna come round and jump your bones right now!"

Typical response rate is around 10%. The determinates of a successful "fishing" text depend on alcohol levels in the person receiving the text, how filthy they are, and your marginal propensity to sleep.

A "fishing" text is at its worst wen sent to an ex. Just dont do it! Remove her number from your phone, or, do what i did, simply put "No" after/b4 her name in your phone book as a gentle reminder to avoid embarrassing yourself.

Apparently the aussie's have got this sorted. You can ring up a company b4 you got out and have a specific number barred from your phone for the night! Awesome!

2) The "T9" classic
For those geeks up on your phone lingo "T9" refers to the predictive text facility found on most mobile phones. Such a programme, whilst useful during the day, can wreak havoc whilst texting under the influence of alcohol.

My personal favourites:

"wish i was inside your gorgeous aunt right now" (thanks Colette)

The local boozer in town is called the crown, so wen my 'mate dave' asked a particularly nice female if she wanted to meet up:

''fancy gettin food in the crown?''

it inevitably got written as:

''fancy gettin done in the brown?''

(Special thanks to James Osborne - Sheffield Hallam for that one!)

"Fancy a dual?"

This last one is also classed as a "fishing" text since, as u may have realised, "dual" should, if u flick through the word options, means "f%ck".
Fortunately, the girl i sent this baby to saw the funny side and hadn't been drinking. She sent the following reply:

"Andy, unfortunately i hav no desire to don full body armour, a sword, and a shield, grab my horse and ride over to urs for a "dual". Oh, and i certainly dont want sex with u!"

3) The "friend locator" text
The only type of text to be sent without sexual motivation. Picture the following situation:

You've just met some chick and your mates have f%cked off to leave u to it. At which point she realises your chat stinks and she makes an excuse to go find her friends. U are left alone to fend for yourself. You reach for your mobile phone and attempt to call your frends several times b4 realising they will not be able to hear them ring. Your solution is to send the following message:

"Wher u? Ho on dancefloor" Or some other incomprehensible crap.

This situation is exhasbirated in the following Nottingham nightclubs:
ISIS, Oceana cheese room and The Lizard Lounge, since you have f%ck all signal and must except the fact u will be paying for the entire taxi fair home or play that game outside the club where u go up to people u loosely recognise and start asking "lenton anyone?".

Response rate: 0.01%

4) "Declarations of undying love"

No doubt the most embarassing of the drunken texts. Do you recognise any of the following?

"You are the most beautiful girl in the world!" - Ergh! (Note: Beautiful will almost always be spelt incorrectly))

"I love u!"

"Love you millions"

"Why cant all guys be as fit like you!"

"Missing you!" / "I miss you so much!" (My personal worst - I'm always sending it)

"Im so into you right now."

It should be noted that for no apparent reason the number of kisses on the end of the text increases to some exponential figure. x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Response rate: 0% and by sheer coincidence thats exactly how much sex you'll be getting from her after sending it. And also the amount of respect her friends will have for u after she shows it to her housemates after losing a call of shotgun for it.

5) Family texts

Doesnt happen to many, but to those few who accidentily text the parents, it can be disastrous.

Normally, the parents will have had a phone conversation with you prior to going out so they are on your mind slightly.

Parents most likely to recieve messages are those who are dangerously close to fitties in the phone book. For example: "Dad" will be located near "Dave" alphebeitcally.

My favourites:

"Im c*nted where are you?" (sent by a friend to their mother. They didnt speak for a week or so)

"U wanna stay at mine tonite?" (ooh dear)

and last but not least...Phone sex.

"Ill start at ur nipples and lick my way south untill im licking and ******* ur wet pussy... (you go)"

The above isn't actually an urban myth and genuinely did happen to my cousin. The recieving dad would not let it go lightly and it became his standard party trick to tell in front of other relatives at christmases and birthdays!

6) "Sex text"
It not big, its not clever. For some reason (normally alcohol) we can send the most disgusting of messages to our loved ones. I wont be dsiplaying any!

7) "The Send to the Wrong Person Text"
Unfortunately this typically occurs when you are bitching about someone or saying you fancy someone. Their name sticks in your head when you're about to send to it... and BANG! Wrong person gets the very message they are the subject of.

Although this does have it advantages, because you can do the double bluff. Want to make your ex-girlfriend jealous? Easy send a message to her that was meant for your fictional new hot lover. (No.7 Courtesy of Ed Hope)

8. Singing Texts
Ever caught yourself texting song lyrics? Shocking really isn't it!

9. Pre-lash booty check texts
A sister to the "fishing text", the pre lash booty text is
sent in between the hours of 9pm and midnight generally whilst pre-lashing. The innocent "You out tonight?" sent to the opposite sex is again far from it.

It should be translated as, "Just checking your out in case i need to find u for some sex later."
In more serious cases it can be indicitive of stalking and obsession. I advise girls not to send this type of text since this completely hands the power over to the guy and its up to him if you're getting any!

10)The "reminder" text
Normally sent just after 2am to yourself. The "reminder" text is just that. You have realised just how ****ed you are and that in the morning you will remember nothing. You therefore send yourself reminders for the morning.

Examples:

"Say sorry to Kelly"

"U lent boycey £40"

"Adam pulled chalmers, check your camera"

"Key is under bin"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_girl @ Jan. 10 2007,19:10)]Facebook is going to ruin my degree...most addictive thing ever (if your sad like me
sad.gif
)
haha, i no alot of people whos degree is going to be ruined by facebook,

facebook is ruining my masters... it is all about the "secret" invite-only group!

facebook rules for some unknown reason and is highly addictive! pretty much on par with footy manager for the reason you are quickly failing your degree!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 11 2007,17:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Jan. 11 2007,17:33)]Ok, I'll ask.

What's a facebook?
Dunno, but  when I was at uni, we only just had the Internet. We had to go to pubs to meet people

tounge.gif
Chalk and slate in my day, Naps, none of that intertheweb stuff. We made our own fun though.

Drinking meths and smoking dried-out frog spawn used to do the trick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Jan. 11 2007,17:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 11 2007,17:36)]
[b said:

What's a facebook?
Dunno, but  when I was at uni, we only just had the Internet. We had to go to pubs to meet people

tounge.gif
Chalk and slate in my day, Naps, none of that intertheweb stuff. We made our own fun though.

Drinking meths and smoking dried-out frog spawn used to do the trick.
You were lucky to have frogs. St Andrew drove all frogs out of Scotland in the 15th century. We had to make do with drinking Irn Bru from wizard's sleeves

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 11 2007,17:43)]You were lucky to have frogs. St Andrew drove all frogs out of Scotland in the 15th century. We had to make do with drinking Irn Bru from wizard's sleeves
Irn Bru? Irn Bru?!

We used to dream of Irn Bru from a wizard's sleeve!

In my day we were lucky if we got to celebrate our birthday with a sip of flat Panda Pops Cherryade from an upturned and scuffed witches hat!

ok so I've just experienced a different kind of drunken text than those outlined above, the sending abuse to someone u like coz they don't like u back text??? may have backfired slightly tho...as in they now probably don't like me as a friend even...oh well, blokes are gits. Right? lol

Ah the drunken text/call, to sober tonight to do any of that, although a few weeks back I phoned someone from Uni to let me in even though they live up the other end of the country. Hey ho.

Alexis

[b said:

What's a facebook?
its basically like myspace but is aimed at uni students as people are categorised under unis. Also you can only view people's profile from your uni network unless you add a person from a different network as a friend!

Back