• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roots Hall is no different to any other ground. Youll see it very weekend, managers saying 'the fans are entitled to boo'. There are clubs in much worse positions than us that get worse crowds- look at poor old Roy Hodgson. The chanting today was inexcusable but the fact is that was one of the worst games of football you will ever see, I dont know where the supposed good football was that has appeared since Widdrington left, was just the usual hoof ball today. If we cant break 5000 on a bank holiday then that says it all.
Interesting comparison with Hodgson. He inherits a team with, amongst others, Torres, Gerrard and Reina who all earn more in a week than our highest paid player makes in a season and Sturrock inherits Grant and Herd!!!
Considering where we were in July/August I would take finishing mid to lowere table and if the football is a bit ropey hope that next season things might improve.
The booing of Sturrock was laughable but only what some of us have come to expect.

Totally agree with OBD. I've been saying this for years and have been abused for daring to say the same.

Makes you wonder what Grant actually means when he says he wants to leave this sh*t club.

I am a season ticket holder in the West Family Stand, getting fed up with the abuse the team gets at home. Today the sarcastic cheering of Evans when claiming the ball and cheering of substitutions sickened me. Its the same morons every game, you do not see most of them at away matches and its no wonder we play better away without the stick from these so called supporters. I am much preffering the away games where the team gets proper support and the atmosphere is so much more positive.

I am a season ticket holder in the West Family Stand, getting fed up with the abuse the team gets at home. Today the sarcastic cheering of Evans when claiming the ball and cheering of substitutions sickened me. Its the same morons every game, you do not see most of them at away matches and its no wonder we play better away without the stick from these so called supporters. I am much preffering the away games where the team gets proper support and the atmosphere is so much more positive.

Spot on. It isn't helping the players and it's making Roots Hall an unpleasant place to go and watch football.

Much prefer away games with the true fans rather than those moaners who sit and boo at home games.

I agree that slagging off our own players is not the way forward. However, I think most Southend fans are against this hoof football that is being dished up. I've seen better quality football played in the Ryman league. The buck must stop with Uncle Ron. He brought PS in and now we all have to suffer this brand of football. The gate today tells you that fans are voting with their feet by staying away. I expect another low gate next Saturday despite the visitors being top of the league.
The crowd were totally bored today and the only saving grace was the entertainment from the seagull who cheered us all up and fully deserved its MOTM award.
I seriously think that RM should address the fans with the real facts about what is going on at this club and not keep us all in the dark, otherwise the gates will just keep falling. I don't feel as though this is our club any more.

Totally agree with OBD. I've been saying this for years and have been abused for daring to say the same.

Makes you wonder what Grant actually means when he says he wants to leave this sh*t club.

Hmm yes...

Unpaid salaries?

Unpaid Bills?

Numerous court appearances?

Infighting?

Poor quality team?

Unkept promises?

Downward spiral?

Or is it the fans have finally had enough of all this **** above?

Hmm yes...

Unpaid salaries?

Unpaid Bills?

Numerous court appearances?

Infighting?

Poor quality team?

Unkept promises?

Downward spiral?

Or is it the fans have finally had enough of all this **** above?

Then why direct the vitriol at honest professionals like Sturrock who has been one of our most consistent performers this season?

As I was told when very young, "If you can't say nothing good, say nothing!"

I rarely make anuy noise at a game, but I will support my team, regardless of whether he had a mare, like our keeper. If you don't like it, FRO to a London club where you can stink of Ronseal along with the others that come out of the woodwork!

I agree that slagging off our own players is not the way forward. However, I think most Southend fans are against this hoof football that is being dished up. I've seen better quality football played in the Ryman league. .

Confusing thing is, in our last 2 games we have played more 'passing football' and won the games. Why resort back to the style which got us no-where?.

Confusing thing is, in our last 2 games we have played more 'passing football' and won the games. Why resort back to the style which got us no-where?.
We started off trying to pass the ball around, but when your 2-0 down the opposition puts all their men behind the ball, making it hard to pick out a pass without being intercepted, it looked like we were trying to play it on the ground, but it wasn't working today so most of the semi successful moves we saw were long ball

Haven't posted on here for ages just because its to damned negative, what the topic poster has written is exactly what I have many times wanted to write, but haven't bothered to.

Spot on to the last detail. The chairman seemed to be taking the brunt of abuse the last few games I have been to, but now it sounds like its turned towards our own players.

Didn't go today, I probably aren't going to enjoy Saturdays game, but I will for sure not start abusing our own lads.

With all due respect mate, I think there's bigger reasons for Grant wanting to leave

For me the chant of D D D D Fu**ing Useless to Blair is not on and i for one didnt join in even though i was sitting amongst the w block singers.
The game was awful yes the seagul was a bright moment but please why oh why does it take a poxy seagul to get the whole ground singing.
If it wasnt for the W block during home games the athmosphere would be nill nothing silence dead!
In 30 years of supporting the blues the dross on the pitch being served up is not helping and while we keep playing long ball with lack of direction things will continue to get worse from some eliments in the crowd.
We want to entertained we also want to feel like we are all in this together the players the fans the people running the club all going in one direction. At the moment things couldnt be further from that!

At the beginning of 2010 we were a mid table League One outfit, yet now we are languishing in the bottom half of League Two and 2-0 down at home to Cheltenham after five minutes, it's hardly surprising fans are disgruntled! Although I feel the bulk of the vitriol should be aimed at RM, I don't think the players should be exempt from harsh words from the stands as they surely are some of the worst players to ever pull on a Southend shirt! Granty aside, none of them are heroes or fans' favourites like we've had in recent years such as Barrett, Barnard, Eastwood etc...

With regard to Blair Sturrock, I feel any criticism of him is justified. Due to non attendance of home matches I have only seen him play once for Southend (away at Stevenage) and he looked awful, not up to Football League standard. Many lower division fans know that Blair Sturrock’s career often gets resurrected wherever his father is managing, which is nepotism of the highest order. If Blair Sturrock had proved himself at other clubs outside of his father’s influence supporters would probably have more respect for him, however he has spent more than 10 years on a continual cycle of joining Sturrock senior’s team then being released to an inferior club shortly after Sturrock senior leaves/is sacked. Blair Sturrock appears to be a son who is constantly relying on his family for support because he cannot hold down a job elsewhere! (eg. Kidderminster, Mansfield, Rochdale).

1. Chanting '****ing Useless to our own player who puts his ****ing heart into his performances, doing what nobody else wants to do, the ****ing dirty work.
2. Cheering when Rhys Evans catches the ball. Brilliant.
3. Constant moaning.
4. Chanting the Seagull louder than anything else.
5. Last 4 minutes absolutely no noise at all to encourage and to get behind our team who could have earned a well deserved point.
6. Cheering when the substitution where made.
7. Sitting in chair not moving, clapping, shouting, breathing.
8. Actual verbal abuse towards players, OUR OWN ****ING PLAYERS.

On the Richter scale of idiocy today was off the scale.

This list could go on.

I've had enough of the ****ing fans. Ron Martin might have ****ed us up, we might be skint, some of the players might not be good enough. But I feel more driven out of this club, which we all ****ing love, by our own fans, and it isn't just a minority it's a lot of them.

We deserved atleast a point today, and if it wasn't for a completely outrageously well struck free kick and a muck up defensively and by the goal keeper we would have had three points.

I'm not pointing the finger at anybody in particular because I heard it from all angles, told several people to **** off home, and that's is exactly what I'm doing now, please just **** off and don't come back . I can take not winning sometimes, but I can't take idiocy.

Looking at Blair's face when he heard ' ****ing useless ' actually has upset me, he just shook his head and you could tell, he just thought 'you absolute idiots'. He puts a lot into his game, and it goes un noticed, not only effort but he offers a lot.

These players are here, they want to play for us, some of them may not have had any other offers, but they are still here, so I love every single one of them.

Running off the pitch, hearing yourself being cheered off because you know the fans don't want you there must be the worst feeling in the world. You can say 'Oh they are men they can take it, they get paid to play football for christ sake' That's exactly right, but it doesn't stop the hurt does it? I just hope that someone reads what I'm saying now and thinks 'Oh **** maybe I have been being a bit stupid'. I hope someone reads this and passes it onto the players because some of us actually appreciate the effort, even if it's a loss, they still put effort in, it hurts losing. But we still performed well, at times we where real quality.

I don't even know if these sentences are well structured, or if there are any spelling mistakes or anything that might be held under 'grammaticality'.

**** sake. I could go on but I just might lose my mind.
bore of you uselss man

actually I am going to post something sensible hear, so hold the back page, .............. I have never ever ever been to a FOOTBALL GROUND were the players,club,management get such little critisism, I honestly stand by that Honestly I cant believe we are being described as scum of the earth for the support we give the team. Personally our support will be the death of this club we are sitting back and letting this club be destroyed from benoeath our feet and we have and do nothing. FOr what its worth I applaud those that boycott the club for sticking up in what you believe I too dont go I did today howver I have been brought 2 season tickets at the start of the year but still mainly choose not to go, why bother going to a restaurent that is a pile of **** and cook nothing that you like?? anyway back on track I never ever boo any of our players when I am at the game, the thought of showing any form of passion for any of them good or bad has long gone, seasons ago yes but now I dont even aknowledge a goal ! but honestly to say we support our players badley,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back