• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From BBC...

Peterborough's Darren Ferguson angered by Barry Fry comments

Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson says he does not like working with the club's director of football Barry Fry.
The Posh boss was responding to Fry's comments that Ferguson held talks with representatives of the potential owners of Nottingham Forest over the summer. Ferguson said: "I have spoken to the chairman about this matter but that conversation will remain private. "I have not spoken to Fry but I do not like working with him," he added.
"For one reason or another he is a permanent fixture at this club, so I just get on with things."

Ferguson, in a statement to the Peterbourgh Evening Telegraph, continued: "I suspect he is trying to undermine me with the fans and force me to resign. "If that is the case then he is going to be disappointed. He has tried these underhand tactics before." Forest were eventually bought in the summer by the Al Hasawi family, who replaced boss Steve Cotterill with Sean O'Driscoll.

But Fry says Ferguson held meetings about taking over at the City Ground. "I found that Darren had two meetings and hadn't told my chairman," Fry told BBC Radio Nottingham.

Fry described the discussions, which occurred after Ferguson comfortably kept Posh in the Championship last season, as "unsettling" and argued the club missed out on signings as a result.
"It was with different people who weren't connected with Forest. It was a bad thing. I'm not blaming Forest," he explained.

"Outside sources who were trying to control the club and bring in consortiums to take on the club were talking to our manager about a vacancy that really didn't exist.
"That was very unsettling for us at the time because we were trying to sign players. And the players were saying to me, 'I want to sign for Darren Ferguson. If he's not there I'm not signing'.

"We lost two or three players on the strength of that. It was a very bad time for us. We were very angry about that. Darren admitted that he had met certain people."
Fry added that former QPR chairman Gianni Paladini had played a part in the talks, but as a representative for a consortium interested in buying Forest.
"He was involved in the second meeting. He wasn't involved with the first. It wasn't entirely his fault," he said.
Ferguson responded by issuing a statement on Monday, saying: "I was contacted by people representing potential new owners of Nottingham Forest and, as they were only potential owners, I had no obligation to speak to my chairman about that.
"But the real issue here is why on earth this story has surfaced now. There is no rhyme or reason to drag this up at a time when we are all under enough pressure as it is.
"Let me make this clear as well: No player has refused to sign for this club as a result of anything I have ever done. It's his (Fry's) job to sign players, so maybe he is looking for an excuse for his own failings.
"I don't like discussing things like this in public but I feel I have to respond on this occasion."

To link up again with a certain Mr Ferdinand and possibly a certain Mr Hall? Players I'm sure deep down had appreciation for him if not the whole Club.:whistling:

Is a clown, IS A CLOWN:

[video=youtube;aEIgdYJ1TVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEIgdYJ1TVo&CMP=EMCFTBEML853#t=84[/video]

soccer%2Bam.jpg

Barry Fry showing that the rule "Once you have it you never lose it", clearly has exceptions.

I actually ran into everyone's favourite clown in a country pub in Milton Keynes about a fortnight ago (no idea what he was doing in Salford MK, mind). He took his circus act to the pub as well, spilling red wine all over himself and the table during dinner.

Was a guest on The Magic Sponge podcast. If you haven't listened to it then give it a listen. Really enjoyable and he was very complimentary about Southend.

Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has been banned rom all football-related activity for four months, three of which are suspended, after accepting a Football Association charge of misconduct in relation to betting.

More...

Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has been banned rom all football-related activity for four months, three of which are suspended, after accepting a Football Association charge of misconduct in relation to betting.

More...
Wonder if this had anything to do with Evans going .

Back