• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 26 2005,13:35)]To be honnest this whole subject is getting very dull to me everybody has their opinion and thinks that they are right with theirs, we can all debate till we are blue in the face about this, to be fair some good points have been made but is it not time to put this one to bed?
No way, Scott. This what the masses want to talk about at the moment and the moderators have no right to stop that. In any case, it seems more and more information comes to light as the week progresses ...

WS

Its nearly as good as The Bill. I said, nearly ...

wink.gif

how do i put an image on here of my clothes just to show people that i'm genuine? i've clicked on image but asks me to enter url.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,19:51)]there is nothing shady about this post i am genuine in what i say. there was something going on in front of us and stupid me decided to voice my opinion. i do think it was over the top nearly having my face smashed to pieces but i am more ****ed off that my favourite southend shirt is just a rag now but its just one of those things...my only passion in life is football- playing and watching. i just learnt an important lesson.......not to get involved with other peoples arguments.
I'm curious : what on EARTH did you say for Jamie to react the way he did? I know he's something of a hot-head but this attack has been so shocking that it's just about the ONLY thing the SZ community is talking about at the moment!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,20:45)]how do i put an image on here of my clothes just to show people that i'm genuine? i've clicked on image but asks me to enter url.....
You have to upload the image to some webspace first ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I definately hope there is no prison because i really believe that nobody benefits from a custodial sentance.
Few months ago I was faced with a custodial sentence for somthing I did which was very stupid I have never been so scared in my life to think that I could have gone inside luckly for me I did not end up inside and spent 100 hours on community service which in itself was easy, but had I have gone inside I know i would have fell to bits I did just at the prospect so to me Prision or even the threat of it does work but thats me I suppose more hardend people may take a diffrent view.

cant quite remember what i said but i now know full well that i shouldn't have....its not nice having 4 fists hitting you at once. as for sending image to webspace...am totally confused now. i hope people have seen my side now and taken it in...i'm off now but will now be a regular .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,20:00)]cant quite remember what i said but i now know full well that i shouldn't have....its not nice having 4 fists hitting you at once. as for sending image to webspace...am totally confused now.  i hope people have seen my side now and taken it in...i'm off now but will now be a regular .
I cant quite see your side as my family was near the incident
when this happend ive got a young boy who does not want to go to southend again because of this so i feel there is just more victims than you might understand .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,21:00)]cant quite remember what i said but i now know full well that i shouldn't have....its not nice having 4 fists hitting you at once. as for sending image to webspace...am totally confused now.  i hope people have seen my side now and taken it in...i'm off now but will now be a regular .
Your image needs to be uploaded to the internet before you can attach it. If needs be, register on SZ and PM me for more details. I could even lend you some space for a couple of days ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,20:00)]cant quite remember what i said but i now know full well that i shouldn't have....its not nice having 4 fists hitting you at once. as for sending image to webspace...am totally confused now.  i hope people have seen my side now and taken it in...i'm off now but will now be a regular .
If it really is you sorry for doubting, but I get suspicious at unregistered posts.

Thank you southend fan for posting on here. I was very concerned about the reports that your nose was hanging off or similar. It's nice to know that things were not too bad. Hope you soon recover and that you or anyone else ever has to experience anything like this again.

[b said:
out of interest , what team do you play for ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 25 2005,21:56)]While Dave Cusack's Nose's original post was an interesting one, I can't agree with it.

I have seen Ginge "at work" many times over the last 20 years - an incident at Mansfield (probably 20 years ago) when it took 3 policemen to eject him springs to mind - probably because it was funny at the time.  I was a young lad then with no real responsibilities and you could afford to laugh at that type of thing.  

Now, though, I take my 8 year old son to games and, frankly, I don't want him to see what he saw on Saturday!  I haven't got much time for all that "we are all Southend" argument because there are times when even the best of friends have a bust up.

There were a lot of kids there on Saturday and they are the future of our club.  What we witnessed will do nothing to encourage their parents to carry on bringing them!!

SS
eeerh am i missing something here, Isnt that pritty much what i said??

Just to clear things up......
The victim would have been spoken to by the police and questioned as to wether he wanted to make a complaint of assault or not.
In all but the most serious of assaults The CPS wont prosecute without a complainant.
Lets assume that the victim has suffered injuries that would equate to a charge of ABH, he doesnt want to make a complaint. Therefore the Police will not fully investigate the assault. (I say fully because they will still interview the suspects and claim a detection without prosecution)
There are however several other offences that may have been committed. These will be investigated.

The Police may be able to argue that a violent disorder took place. This carries a max five year prison sentence and is the second most serious public order offence. With Riot being the most serious.
In all reality the more likely offence is affray. This carries a three year maximum sentence and is next on the list. The Police will use the victims injuries as part of their case against the Father and son despite having no complaint. Basically saying these two behaved in such a violent manner that another person recived these injuries.
Witnesses wouldnt be a problem. CCTV, stewards, club officials and no doubt members of the crowd will have approached Police.

Now lets say that the two concerned have been arrested and are charged and convicted of affray. Their sentencing will take into account previous convictions and the location of the offence. I mean the magistraites or Judge will not look too kindly at all at the fact this took place at a football match in a stand with 1900 people in it.
If either of them have been convicted of a violence offence, assault public order etc in the past this will also go against them. They then recieve their sentence, whatever that may be.

Last and by no means least football banning orders.
Because this incident took place at a designated football match banning orders come into play.
Courts HAVE to impose banning orders rather than just having the power to do so. They have to satisfy themselves that imposing such an order will prevent further violence or disorder at a match. I would think that would be easy to do.
The banning order can only be made alongside a sentence for the affray, meaning a banning order would not be the only punishment.
The banning orders used to specify International or otherwise. Now there is just one banning order encompassing both. So that would also mean no more England matches.
If the two concerned are imprisoned the banning order would be a minimum of six years and a maximum of 10 years. If they didnt recieve a custodial sentence the length of order would be a minimum of three years and a max of five years.

Damn that was boring. Sorry about that just wanted to get things straight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,13:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ April 25 2005,17:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 25 2005,15:56)]Brilliant (sorry i mean...lol !!), especially the final paragragh (the second gripe bit).........in particular the bit about the Tw*t 'chasing the ten year olds'...........words failed me !!

p.s. I take it he won't be on the guest list for your next birthday night out ??
lol lol lol lol lol
Ill be having a party after the season in 'Bar Bleu' at talk. It will be the week after the final game on a Friday night. Il lget all the chaps out and w'll have a propper dooo even better than the last one also take note, It will be over 21's

anyway lol for now
lolly
You are turning into a lefty poof cockles.
ha ha ha, don't you worry son May 5th ill be swinging to the right,

anyway its because I havent got racist biggotts like yourself by my side, bringing me down anymore
biggrin.gif

lol lol lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2005,18:22)]In reply to all the posts on here i would like to say that i am the bloodied victim of saturdays fight and although i have a sore face i have no serious injury's ( surprising really for two on one) i am not pressing charges against these two men not because i am in fear but because i feel it was a heat of the moment thing that can just be forgotten. I definately hope there is no prison because i really believe that nobody benefits from a custodial sentance. I will continue to go to every southend game and support them all the way.... i hope that people will not stop going to home and away games because of this isolated incident. So good luck to southend and i hope that nothing serious comes from this. I dont for one minute condone violence but i have heard that the dad only came in punching because he saw me and his son fighting and i can understand his reason so no hard feelings and i hope we can all put this behind us...
Total Respect to you

Well said Cockles.
I was not at Oxford and so in truth should have no opinion on the matter ....however I have known Ginge for around 25 years which does give me an opinion on him and the criticism I have read here.
Firstly - Ginge mate you were a complete pratt to react as you did on Saturday and what is perhaps a good thing is that you know that.
Having said that Ginge is a man who has grown-up from the "wild days" and for me to read comments about the past just make me laugh. As far as I am aware the last time Mr H was convicted of a football related offence was 20 years ago...as on the old teleprinter (TWENTY). So all the comments about past misdemeanors are from two poxy decades ago. Now lets get serious here. In those 20 years Ginge has grown up a great deal and focused the passion he has for Southend United on supporting the lads in a more appropriate manner. He should be applauded for this apparent rehabilitation.
Now he has made a huge, huge mistake and he knows it - so why do so many have to rub his nose in it?
Now violence is wrong BUT has anyone asked why on earth the victim in this matter argued with such a large and familiar figure over such a trivial matter of one individual seat?? As I say, the guy was a victim HOWEVER he too (and I have heard a full aND HONEST ACCOUNT OF PROCEEDINGS FROM A REPUTABLE WITNESS WHO PUBLISHED HER VERSION OF EVENTS HERE) ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE PRATT AND ALTHOUGH DID NOT DESERVE A REACTION WAS STILL extremely childish and to some extent over-reacting to Ginge sitting in HIS seat.
Anyway, those of us who know Ginge will vouch that at heart he is a good bloke who from what i have heard was stupid enough to get involved in an undesirable incident.
Thats it really.
D'Arcy Shrimper!

PS....Fair play to you Dave Cusacks Nose. I respect your reraction and hope your comments encourage others to move on and forget this stupid incident.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D'Arcy Shrimper @ April 26 2005,21:00)]PS....Fair play to you Dave Cusacks Nose. I respect your reraction and hope your comments encourage others to move on and forget this stupid incident.
Cool cheers pal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back