• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 09 2006,13:54)]I cant stand Athlete and Coldplay - Sixth Form Rock
At last! Someone else sees through Coldplay's middle of the road r"rock" mediocrity!
biggrin.gif

I was upset Coldplay used part of 'Computer Love' by Kraftwerk. One of my favourite songs.

If Chris Martin came down my local he wouldn't be getting a 'rush of blood'to the head.

He'd be getting the thick end of a pool cue.

Done 268!

Codswallop to Metallica S&M!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 10 2006,14:25)]I was upset Coldplay used part of 'Computer Love' by Kraftwerk. One of my favourite songs.

If Chris Martin came down my local he wouldn't be getting a 'rush of blood'to the head.

He'd be getting the thick end of a pool cue.
Blame Messrs Hutter & Schnieder - they gave their permission (after Martin wrote them a grovelling letter, allegedly).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Feb. 13 2006,08:59)]A lot of mainstream on that list for my tastes...a long time ago there was a rather good newspaper called Sounds they printed their all time 100 albums ;- Which is reprinted on this website.

I had a lot of those albums in 1985 and within a year of that list bought the remaining few....some good albums.
That's a pretty good list - too reverential towards punk, too much Springsteen and too many 80s albums that haven't stood the test of time but impressive that they rated Can back then. I've got 46 albums from that list.

Worth a *bump* for thoughts from newer members.

Whatever happened to Hexagon Sun anyway?

Someone please tell me that i have scanned the list and missed the best David Bowie Album of all time....."Diamond Dogs"

Pitchfork have just released their 500 best tracks of all time. Its very good...

http://www.thepitchfork500.com/

PS. I believe an avid muso actually collated all these tracks and put a torrent of it out there somewhere...

Scanning the list..it looks like an American's idea of 'Essential listening'...saying that, I have got a lot of the punk/new wave/post punk albums, so...am I a) good enough to be a critic?, b) almost dead, or, c) a sad tw@?

answers on a post card please

Scanning the list..it looks like an American's idea of 'Essential listening'...saying that, I have got a lot of the punk/new wave/post punk albums, so...am I a) good enough to be a critic?, b) almost dead, or, c) a sad tw@?

answers on a post card please

But this does give another chance to post this

slits.jpg

This list is a load of bolleaux. Some utter rubbish on there whilst missing out on some true gems - not a single Jam album! fer gods sake.

I mean, Non Stop Erotic Caberet by Soft Cell? Even Marc Almond is embarrassed by that!

all mod cons..1970's...specsavers, 2nd door on the right

Lists are largelly pointless*, how can you possibly quantify something that is entirely down to personal taste.

*Unless of course you write for a music fanzine and compile an end of year best album poll with your fellow writers. God I'm going to miss being a geek this year.

Lists are largelly pointless*, how can you possibly quantify something that is entirely down to personal taste.

*Unless of course you write for a music fanzine and compile an end of year best album poll with your fellow writers. God I'm going to miss being a geek this year.

or of course youre paid lots of money by a record executive to make 'band a' seem more poular than they are...but of course, that doesnt happen does it?:whistling:

Back